Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Almost 3 years


Well, my toe is still killing me, and I am sure it is broken. I am also sure my coworkers are sick of hearing about it. What can I say - I am a baby! No, not really - just in pain. But I am wearing a sneaker right now (as a test) so that is a step forward. I really want to run a 5k this weekend. Well, I don't want to, but I need to because it will get me back in a better place mentally. It was so discouraging to have my hamstring almost healed and now this. So we shall see....

In other news, we are on a cleaning frenzy at work and a graphic designer found a couple of old "before" photos which I shall post. I am guessing this was at a birthday celebration. How horrifying! This November it will be 3 years since I lost the weight, and more importantly - 3 years since I have kept most of it off (a personal record). Well, I am not at my lowest, but I have still lost 100+. Every day is a struggle with it, but I am so much healthier. Behind the phony smile in the before picture was a lot of physical and emotional pain (and shame). So as bad as I sometimes feel these days, I need to remind myself that I do feel better. I just wish I would not fluctuate as much. Of course, I also wish I weighed 99 but that is just being silly.

P.S. And yes, I will be posting another toe pic that a coworker took. My toe is purple and greenish today. Oh yeah - happy 1st of September. I won't lie - I went to Abbotts and had ice cream. Must not indulge in food when I am feeling low!

No comments: