Wednesday, September 2, 2009

More To Love

So, is anyone watching More To Love? Normally I do not care for reality TV, with the exception of The Amazing Race. And, the only reason why I like that show is because I want to visit many of the countries they travel to. Plus, I like the host of the show. Anyway, I have been watching MTL for the past few weeks. As someone who struggles with weight and body image issues, I can relate to many of these women. Sometimes it is heartbreaking to see how sad they are. I know what it is like to miss the prom and have people pass you by because of your weight. However, my goal now is to embrace my curves, eat healthy and be fit!

Of course, as much as I can relate to some of the women's stories, I have also found the show to be offensive at times. I know it's on FOX, so that is to be expected. Still, they never should have shown how much women weighed next to their height like they did in their first episode. You would never see that on "The Bachelor" (a show I cannot stomach, excuse the weight related pun). But all in all, I do think it is a good thing that they show heavier people on their quest for love. The finale is next week I think.

PS When my coworker sent me my before picture, he entitled it - remember when there was more of you to love. Ha, ha....

No comments: